Здравейте! Вероятно използвате блокиращ рекламите софтуер. В това няма нищо нередно, много хора го правят.

Но за да помогнете този сайт да съществува и за да имате достъп до цялото съдържание, моля, изключете блокирането на рекламите.

Ако не знаете как, кликнете тук

Държавен изпит за Английска филология

Безплатни реферати, есета, доклади, анализи и всякакви теми свързани с чуждите езици.
Азерски, албански, английски, арабски, арменски, африкаанс, беларуски, босненски, български, виетнамски, датски, есперанто, естонски, грузински, немски, гръцки, зулуски, иврит, хинди, идиш, исландски, индонезийски, ирландски, испански, италиански, казахски, каталонски, кечуа, китайски, корнуолски, корейски, корсикански, кюрдски, латински, латвийски, литовски, люксембургски, македонски, малайски, малтийски, монголски, норвежски, осетински, персийски, полски, португалски, румънски, руски, шотландски, сицилиански, сръбски, сърбохърватски, словашки, словенски, старобългарски, суахили, таджикски, татарски, тайски, турски, тюркменски, уелски, украински, унгарски, фарси, фински, френски, холандски, хърватски, цигански, чешки, шведски, японски.
Нова тема Отговори
Потребителски аватар
Mozo
Skynet Cyber Unit
Skynet Cyber Unit
Регистриран: пет юни 01, 2007 14:18

Държавен изпит за Английска филология

Мнение от Mozo »

2. Nexus Constructions (Synt)
I. Intro – an NC is a structure centered around a non-finite verb form, i.e. an infinitive, an –ing form, or a past participle. NC vs. the clause. Just like the clause the N expresses a predication. In this they are similar and are based on a predicative relation. The difference is that in the clause the syntagmatic relations are explicitly marked (who does what to whom), whereas in the NC these relations remain in the sphere of logic and open for interpretation according to the general and the immediate context. Therefore NCs are more implicit which makes them a preferred variant of expression in cases when brevity and implicitness are desired. In Eng they are much more widely used that in Bg-an. cf. Working hard, he achieved a lot. He worked hard and he achieved a lot. NCs may have different functions in the ∑. a) a S – ex. Smoking cigars may damage your health. b) a predicative – ex. She appeared to like it. c) object – ex. I saw this play performed last summer. d) the attribute – ex. His anxiety to meet you is unabated. e) adverbial modifier – ex. He made a fortune by selling junk food. Relations between the constituents of a nexus (inside the nexus): 1. S-P relation – ex. I saw him run. 2. P-O relation – ex. Seeing the chocolates, I grabbed one. 3. P-AM relation – ex. I want you to listen carefully. 4. S-Cs relation – ex. They elected him president. II. Types of NCs: 1. NC with the infinitive A) Accusativus cum Infinitivis – I saw him smile.
[Nominal Adj form]
Accusativ here means objective. This structure should be differentiated from the combination Od-Co. cf. I knocked him flat. I saw him run.
Od Co
The difference between Od and Co on the one hand and the ACI on the other side is that the ___ relation in the former is S-Cs, whereas the ___ relation in the latter is S-P. The ACI is used with the following semantic group verbs: a) verbs of sense perception – see, hear, observe, watch, notice, feel + infinitive without “to”. Ex. I heard the train arrive. I saw him snore. With verbs of mental perception + “to” – ex. I believe him to have arrived. She realized him to be a wheeler-dealer. b) verbs of command, desire and permission – command, order, tell, direct, ask, wish, desire, want, forbid, permit, let, allow + “to” – exception let + infinitive without “to”; Leave her be. – Остави я на мира. She ordered me to leave.
A.C.I.
c) verbs of causation – cause, get, make, have, force, compel + “to” – I forced them to leave. Exceptions: After “make” and “have” no “to”. I had him mow the lawn. I made him leave the room. With help – with “to” and without “to” – both are correct. The WO in ACI is normally accusativis then infinitivus. The reverse WO is sometimes also possible. Usually after the verb let. Ex. He let fall the book. She let go my hand. There is a certain rivalry between the ACI and the participial ‘–ing’ structure. I saw him run. I saw him running.
Dry fact (да бяга) the process (как бягаше)
B) Nominativus cum Infinitivo. NCI is in a way passive variant of the ACI. cf. I saw him run. (ACI)
He was seen to run (NCI)
A major difference between the ACI and NCI is that the former is an integral, continuous, uninterrupted structure, whereas the latter is split discontinuous structure. Another difference is that the particle “to” is retained in most cases in the NCI but not in the ACI. A third difference is that the ACI is used in active voice sentences while the typical usage of the NCI is after passive verbs. However, in some cases, the NCI may also appear with intransitive verbs in the active voice: seem, appear, happen, chance. Ex. She seems to like it. He happened to arrive on time. Also after phrases like be sure, be certain, be likely ex. She is likely to like it. He is sure to be late. C) the “for…to” construction – this structure is a means of providing the infinitive with clearly expressed (explicit) subject. It may have the following functions in the ∑: a) a S – For John to marry this girl would be a disaster. b) a predicative – The best thing is for them to take the appropriate measures. c) an attribute – I gave permission for him to go. d) object – He proposes for you to leave immediately. e) adv mod – She stretched out her hand for me to hold it. 2. NC with –ing form. The –ing form is featured in the following nexus constructions: a) an extrapositional attribute = loose attribute. This is a supplementive clause with a covert subject which refers to the main subject of the ∑. Ex. Saying no word, he gave her a kick.
Loose attribute S
b) absolute construction – this is a supplementive clause having its own subject. Ex. Nobody saying a word, they left the room. Absolute constructions can be verbless – ex. The lecture over, they went home. Pipe in mouth he sat by the fire. c) unattached participle – in this case the –ing form has no subject of its own and refers to no specific reference (only general reference, not to somebody but to anybody in general). Ex. Looking up the hill a cottage is seen. Such structures are rare but their use is relatively frequent is certain set phrases. Ex. Barring accidents he should be here by five. d) nexus object – it’s in a rivalry with ACI cf. I saw him run. ≠ I saw him running. 3. NC with the past participle. A) extrapositional attribute. Broken in spirit he retired to his castle. B) absolute construction – The talks finished they retired to the hotel. C) unattached participle = dangling modifier. Once married, what could people do. D) nexus object – They found the house burned to the ground

Целият материал:
Прикачени файлове
Държавен изпит за Английска филология.rar
(105.26 KиБ) Свален 97 пъти
Прочетено: 3041 пъти
Изображение
Нова тема Отговори

• Подобни теми
    Отговори
    Преглеждания
    Последно мнение

Върни се в “Чужди езици”